Reporting Faith Hate Crime in Lambeth
An Faith Hate incident is any malicious act aimed at Buddhists, organisations or property, where there is evidence that the incident is motivated by hate, or that the victim was targeted because they are (or are believed to be) Buddhists.
If you are a victim of a Faith Hate incident or you have information regarding an Faith Hate incident that happened to somebody else, you can report via the Metropolitan Police Service, Lambeth Council or (Independent Buddhist Organisation to be confirmed).
In an emergency always call the Police on 999, in a non-emergency you can report to the Police via 101.
Alternatively in a non-emergency you can report to Lambeth Council using their Lambeth online Hate Crime Reporting Form or a Independent Buddhist organisation tbc.
TBC is an independent Buddhist advice and support organisation which specialises in tackling Faith Hate. They have a dedicated team which deals with Faith Hate incidents and provide victim support, whilst respecting your confidentiality at all times. TBC can liaise with the Police and other bodies to help ensure that any incident is dealt with properly.
If you do not want to contact the Police or Lambeth Council directly, then TBC can do so on your behalf as an independent “Third Party Reporter”.
Buddhist Cultural Centres in Lambeth
- London Diamond Way Buddhist Mediation Centre
- 39 Black Prince Road, SE11 6JJ
- Jamyang Buddhist Centre
- The Old Courthouse, 43 Renfrew Road, SE11 4NA
- SGI UK South London National Centre
- 1 Bernays Grove, SW9 8DF
Buddhist news outlets
Please note that this section is a work in progress and some of the links will be added in due course.
- Diamond Way Blog
- Soka Gakkai International UK SGI-UK
- The London Buddhist Vihara
- Three Wheels
- Wat Buddhapadipa
- Wisdom Books
- The Tibet Foundation
- The International Dunhuang Project
- The Pali Text Society
- SOAS: Centre for Buddhist Studies
- The Office of Tibet, London
- BBC Religion and Ethics/Buddhism
- Fairlight Zen Buddhist Temple
- The London School of Tibetan Studies (Shang Shung Institute UK)
- The Rinzai Zen Centre
- The Buddhist Society
Lambeth Buddhist Communities Google Map