Lambeth, Southwark and Lewisham have some of the highest rates of sexually transmitted infections, including HIV, in the country and the three Councils have been working on a strategy to address this.
The LSL SEXUAL HEALTH STRATEGY 2014-17 includes ideas to:
– focus on better prevention
– improve access to clinical services
– develop more services in general practice and community pharmacy
– provide the range of sexual health tests on-line
– help people with issues around drugs & alcohol and mental health as well as sexual health
– carry out more HIV testing to prevent late diagnosis
We want to run some focus groups with gay and bisexual men to test out these ideas. The meetings will be held on Monday 30th June and Wednesday 9th July, 6.00-7.30 in Vauxhall. All participants will be given £20 to say thank you for their participation.
Participants must be resident in either Lambeth, Lewisham or Southwark.